Mind your manas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gallery

For your entertainment Empty
Latest topics
» Geithner: U.S. Should Retain a Mortgage Backstop
For your entertainment EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 8:59 am by zxuans

» Who actually uses this
For your entertainment EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 2:59 pm by lurka

» Interface's
For your entertainment EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:48 am by Mystaken

» Ill start the train!
For your entertainment EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 10:29 am by Mystaken

» More pics of Gabriel! :)
For your entertainment EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:38 am by Admin

» Hall of shame!!!
For your entertainment EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 3:27 pm by Admin

» Jokes -Wow related or not
For your entertainment EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 3:26 pm by Admin

» Gallery full! :O
For your entertainment EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 3:22 pm by Admin

» Malygos first kill!
For your entertainment EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 3:13 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

For your entertainment

4 posters

Go down

For your entertainment Empty For your entertainment

Post by Llanni Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Hey all, I know its not really in keeping with the forum, but I thought I might post some of my better writing here.
I know these stories aren't perfect, but I like the feel of them. Now you don't have to read them if you don't like, I won't blame you Smile
These are my 2 favourites, the 2nd one being my favourite because I just like the feel behind the whole story (yes I know WoW based writing is geeky!).
Llanni
Llanni

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Character sheet
Race: Night Elf
Class: Priest
Quote: It's easy to feel wise when you are ignorant

Back to top Go down

For your entertainment Empty Re: For your entertainment

Post by Llanni Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:37 pm

This first one I called The Huwell Oppression and I actually wrote it for a school assignment (if you're interested in knowing at all, lol)

Late in the year 2005 a scientist by the name of Norman Huwell made a great break through in the area of biological-mechanical integration. He created a device that, although crudely, was capable of transforming human chemical energy into viable electronic power. By the year 2065 Huwell was 20 years dead, but his device lived on. After many upgrades and refinements, it was now integrated into every person on the planet over the age of 13. The government had paid for the, $2,000 per person, mandatory integration. Although somewhat puzzled as to why the government had made the installation of the devices mandatory, the people were otherwise very happy with these devices. But now an ugly rumour is surfacing. One that may explain this little curiosity.

Sasha sat there in the evening sun, idly chewing a piece of grass. Her two best friends lay there with her, Jack Anharro and Stacy Lace. The setting sun was so peaceful, a promise of joy. At the moment, nothing could be more of a contrast to the events Jack was describing to her.
“I swear it, father was just standing there. He opened his mouth to reply, then his eyes sorta widened in shock and he just fell over. When the medics arrived they declared him dead right away. It’s not right.”
Indeed it was strange. Jack’s dad had been a healthy man, the doctors had never mentioned any potential problems.
“You’re in shock Jack,” said Stacy sympathetically. “It’s only natural that you would want to deny this.”
Jack and Stacy were closer then they used to be, much closer.
“I’m telling you it isn’t just shock, there was something off there” persisted Jack stubbornly. Stacy just shook her head gently.
“Come on Sasha, back me up” cried Jack in exasperation. “You believe me right?”
Sasha chewed the grass a little more before she answered.
“If you say there is something odd then ask the doctors to look for it. It’s your right as kin.”
“Fine then” said Jack. “I’ll do that, believe me. There is something more to this.”
Stacy just shook her head again.

“I knew it!” cried Jack as he burst into the room Stacy and Sasha shared. He was waving a piece of paper in the air as he shouted.
“Calm down Jack,” said Stacy in an exasperated tone. “What is it that you knew? If this is about the frogs again..”
“No silly!” cried Jack. “Don’t you remember a few weeks ago, just after my father died, I mentioned something seemed off? Well I’m right.”
“Really” asked Sasha interestedly. “The doctors actually found something?”
“Well, no, not exactly” said Jack as he sat down on the edge of Stacy’s bed. “But they gave me the complete test results, I found something.”
“I doubt you could find anything the doctors missed” said Stacy irritably.
“But there is I tell you” said Jack vehemently. “Look at all these figures” said Jack, shoving the paper under Sasha’s nose. Stacy leaned over and read over her shoulder.
“See these numbers here, here and here?” asked Jack triumphantly.
Stacy and Sasha looked at him blankly.
“We aren’t exactly experts at bio-forensics” said Stacy dryly.
Jack blinked. Then went on to explain.
“These numbers, while separated, mean little. But when you combine them together, along with numerous other little details they are indicative of extremely low chemical energy levels.”
“I may not be an expert at biology but doesn’t active chemical energy begin to dissipate soon after death?” asked Sasha.
“Well yes” replied Jack. “But only after several hours, and not when you are frozen.”
“Maybe he was tired” said Stacy. “God, you can’t know if this means anything.”
But there was doubt in her voice.
“Listen to me, something happened here. I tell you this wasn’t a natural death, my father was murdered” said Jack seriously.
“That’s redicu…”begun Stacy.
“Lenax, Menroe, Farradik. Not a single obvious problem with them. Each definitely dead, just like my father. They just keeled over dead, not a single sign.”
Sasha shivered. Those names, every one of them, had been a person of public interest. Each a revolutionary, they had put forward new ideas of life. Had questioned life, even as it was now. Many had been glad they had died.
“That’s crazy” said Sasha also with a shiver. “Even if there was something behind their deaths, why would it have come for your father?”
“I don’t know. He was doing some work, something on the Huwell device.” Suddenly Jack’s eyes snapped. “The Huwell Device, of course.” Now he shivered.
“You both know how the Device works right?” asked Jack carefully, as if afraid of something.
“Sure, it converts human energy into electronic energy. Installed in every human living within the Confederate, any who leave aren’t allowed back.”
“Aye, that is what is does” said Jack carefully. “But did you know that it is possible to overdraw from the device? If you use it too hard, it may malfunction. It won’t stop at your calculated limit and, bam, you’re either dead from loss of energy or crippled for life.”
“I don’t see..” began Stacy. Then her eyes widened as she realised what he had implied.
“You think, that it is possible for someone to, force, an overdraw?” she whispered.
Sasha began to feel an itch in her back where her Device was installed. She suddenly wished it wasn’t there.
“I think it’s more then possible and I think I know exactly who is responsible” he said with a dark look.

Sasha still couldn’t believe she was here. When it came down to it she still couldn’t believe who they were attacking.
She, Jack and Stacy had broken into the compound where there was a giant satellite dish installed. To the public it was nothing more then an antique, a remnant of the past that the government opened to display five times a week.
To Sasha and her friends it was the centre of a massive oppression.
Jack ghosted along to Sasha’s right as they approached the base of the station.
No guards, yet.
That would change, they were there. But it was a casual patrol, they didn’t think there was any reason to protect here. Sasha and Jack reached the base. Together they began to place the dynamite. There was a little more to it than that. Jack had somehow managed to acquire some Nitro Glycerine. They were using that too.
“Sasha, are you sure we should be here?” whispered Stacy. She looked pale.
“It’s too late to turn around now Stace” said Sasha in reply. “Besides, we’ve been over this from every angle. We’re certain this is the cause, you were the most enthusiastic back home, remember?”
“I know, but that was there. This is here” she said nervously.
“All set” said Jack. “We should be at least a kilometre away when this blows, more if possible.”
Suddenly they heard dogs.
“Run” strained Jack. “The timer will set it off in three minutes.”
They ran, but even as they did they thought they heard a voice shout at them from behind.
Sasha couldn’t hear it over the pounding of her heart and the fear in her head. Now she heard dogs chasing after them. Quickly they dashed through the cut in the fence and ran off into the exterior complex.
The dogs were close behind now.
“This way!” cried Jack rounding a corner quickly. Then they passed through the door he held open for them. He slammed the door shut in the dog’s faces.
Quickly they ran through the display rooms until they arrived at the main forum.
Then they heard a massive explosion.
“We aren’t far enough to be certain the dish won’t crush us” cried Jack breathlessly. “We must keep on running.”
They raced through the large forum. But, when they were half way across, the dogs leapt out of an above landing and resumed their chase. They quickly had Sasha, biting her hard all over.
Jack and Stacy turned to help.
“Run you fools” Sasha cried. “The job is only half done, the people must believe. I’ll get free.”
But they didn’t move.
“Run” cried Sasha in pain. They still didn’t move.
“RUN” she cried louder.
They turned and ran straight through the doors. They heard men enter the forum as they left.
Sasha was screaming in her pain. It chilled the night, but she still shouted that one word somehow.
“RUN!”
And they did, right out into the night.
Then there was a shot, and the screaming stopped.

Last edited by Llanni on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Llanni
Llanni

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Llanni Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:38 pm

This one is simply called For The Light

"I stand for The Light" he declared defiantly as she entered the small 1 roomed house that was his prison.
"You do for now" his tormentor claimed in a voice that lacked any emotion. "But that shall soon change."
Polias glared angrily into the soulless eyes of his captor as he struggled against his bonds. She was bathed in a dark aura, visible even to the eye. Once, no doubt, she had been a brave and valiant Paladin of The Light. But her faith had wavered, and left her with what she was now.
"I shall never become like you, Death Knight" he spat.
There was no doubt in his mind that she was anything else.
She smiled at him darkly. A dark, cold, smile that never reached her eyes. Then the darkness around her grew deeper, she placed one hand on his chest and he was unable to stop himself from letting out a scream as he felt something being torn from him. He fought to hold onto it, but it was so hard to keep it from slipping away.
Then it stopped. The Death Knight stepped back as he lay there panting for breath.
"Elves" said his captor. "Such a noble and valiant race, hard to corrupt, and priests such as you, even more so" she was looking at him almost hungrily "I shall enjoy breaking you."
"I... I Stand..." he stammered
"For The Light" she finished for him mockingly.
All Polias could do was nod. His heart was racing and his mind was screaming "What did she do!?"
"I've never tried to steal the soul of one who stands so firmly in The Light" she said almost conversationally. "But Ill enjoy finding out if it is possible. And once your soul is mine, little elf, you shall see things differently" she smiled again "quite differently."
"I hope you burn in Hell, lost one" he retorted at her furiously. "Even if you kill me, you shall receive your swift justice."
"I assume you are thinking your little Paladin friend shall bring me justice?" she inquired curiously. And to his horror she laughed evilly. "She is no match for me. But maybe Ill make her fight you. Or even better, perhaps I shall have you conduct her torture. One thing is for certain, if she comes after you, neither of you shall escape."
Polias roared in defiance at her. Then the darkness gathered around her again and his roar was transformed into screams of agony.

Allaiha listened to the tortured screams of her best friend from nearby. The first bout had been mercifully brief. But this round had been going on for a long time now. She was finding it increasingly difficult to stop herself from charging straight there and rescuing her friend. But she could not afford to let herself be distracted from the battle at hand. She was facing off against two ghouls and there were also 3 skeleton soldiers approaching now. Impossible odds for an ordinary soldier, but although she was young she was not afraid. She had The Light on her side.
One of the ghouls leaped at her, slavering for her soft human flesh. She beat it away with her axe while she used her shield to block the other ones swipe.
It was too bad the undead did not feel fear. Because they did not, they did not try and evade her attacks. They did not care if she hit them, all they wanted was to chew upon her flesh.
She quickly shifted her blocking shield into a slam, and sent the second ghoul sprawling. Mercifully, ghouls did not usually have very good motor control left to them. It would take some time for the thing to get up, if at all.
She parried the first ghouls latest attack as the skeletons closed in.
Drawing upon The Light she let loose a blast of Exorcism and two of the skeletons were caught in its purifying light. Allaiha always thought she could just hear the unfortunate victims thanks as their souls were released to the afterlife.
And still she could hear Polias’ screams. She had no time for this. Letting her fury carry her away she slammed her axe savagely into the first ghouls head as she blocked its swipe with her shield. Then slamming her shield into the ghoul, as she had with the other one, she knocked it down and freed her axe in the process.
The skeleton was on her now. It swung its sword at her midsection. She jumped back then threw her axe into its skull, shattering it completely.
The second ghoul swung at her from behind. There was no time to turn and use her shield.
She sensed the attack, and let The Light fill her with its Divine Protection. The ghouls attack hit mid air around her, but did not touch her.
Drawing upon more of her holy strength she used it to slam a Hammer of Justice into the ghoul, which was torn apart by the attack.
Allaiha quickly reclaimed her axe from the shattered skull of the skeleton, and strode over to the last ghoul. It was struggling to get up off the ground. She looked at it pityingly for a second, then slammed her axe into the face for the second time.
It stopped moving.
The screaming had stopped.
Allaiha rushed towards the house, but kept her eyes searching for more adversaries. But there were no more and she reached the door safely.
She listened as carefully as she could over the pounding of her heart, but inside she could hear nothing.
Once more the desire to throw caution to the wind and do something to save her friend overcame her. She stepped back, bashed the door in with her shield and jumped into the room.
There was no one moving inside, but lying against the wall was her friend. Allaiha couldn’t see him breath. Light, was she was too late? She can’t have been more than a few minutes.
She crept timidly towards her unmoving friend, until she was standing right next to him. From here she could see quite clearly that he was dead.
Tears welled up in her eyes, but she fought them back. There was still a chance to save him, but she didn’t have much time. She must perform the Resurrection before the warmth of life left his body. Gathering her strength she reached down and grabbed his hand.
And realised, to her horror, that it was cold. As if he’d been dead for hours.
She dropped his hand and fell to her knees, and this time she couldn’t hold back the tears. There was nothing she could do, he was beyond her reach.
"Only a Death Knight could have done this to you" she managed to choke out, though there was no reason to say it aloud. "I vow, my friend, under The Light, that I shall not rest until I have hunted down the fiend who did this and...."
She trailed off as she felt cold, hard, steel against her back. Right up against her heart.
"Do go on" said a cold voice. "I always find this part so entertaining."
Allaiha felt a surge of hatred wash away her tears and pain at the sound of this cold voice. Yet at the same time felt a hollow chill run down her spine. This was a Death Knight.
When she did not continue the Death Knight changed topic. "Apparently you can’t take the soul of one who stands steadfast in The Light."
Hatred and fear roiled around inside Allaiha, and suddenly collapsed into emptiness. Her friend was gone. She may as well join him.
"Well then, any last words? You were speaking quite eloquently before, although it was a little difficult to understand what you were saying over that terrible sniffling" said the Death Knight with a cruel laugh.
"I stand for The Light" Allaiha whispered.
"I've never heard that one before" came the Death Knights cold reply as Allaiha felt the steel drive through her heart and take her life away.

The Death Knight Morgan was pleased with her handiwork as she rode away from the small hovel.
"Thats two less fools of The Light in the world, and good riddance" she said gleefully.
However, as she rode away she did not see the glow of light fill the house she left behind. She did not see Polias, in his Spirit of Redemption, give Allaiha her life back and restore her strength. Nor did she hear him whisper, as the nether winds carried him away, "I shall hold you to your vow, dear friend. Regain your will to continue on, I shall wait for you in the afterlife."

Last edited by Llanni on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:56 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I found spelling errors!)
Llanni
Llanni

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixet Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:49 pm

These are great!

I really liked the first one, but i LOVED the second one. It is really really good. I actually got a little teary.. Smile

Want more now!
Pixet
Pixet

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Character sheet
Race: Gnome
Class: Warrior
Quote: I think I fell asleep!

Back to top Go down

Post by Llanni Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:29 am

I have thought a few times about writing a ending sequel to 'for the light'. But i have yet to actually make myself do it. It kind of needs a sequel though, doesn't it?
Llanni
Llanni

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibeke Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:47 am

Amazing!

You soooo should right up a sequel for the 2nd story.
Vibeke
Vibeke

Number of posts : 31

Character sheet
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Quote:

Back to top Go down

Post by Llanni Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:40 am

well as luck would have it I just finished writing the draft for the sequel. It will need lots of refinement first though. I am not entirely satisfied with it at the moment, there are lots of crude parts in it still. Although, I have to say there were parts in For The Light that I still felt were a tad crude, but what can you do? Mess with something too much and you risk ruining it. Smile

Thanks for the support btw.
Llanni
Llanni

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Llanni Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:46 am

This is thanks to those of you who expressed an appreciation for my writing.
Well the sequel is getting nearer. I am quite happy with the beginning, but the middle needs more work and I've suddenly decided to rewrite a fair portion of the end! =O
I've also decided that I will write a 3rd part, a conclusion to the whole saga.
But for now I'll leave you with the title of the next short story and a brief glimpse of what may be ahead Smile If you don't want to know anything before the whole thing then I suggest not reading ahead more than 3 lines! If you do though it shouldn't ruin anything, except maybe your confidence in my abilities, lol

Excerpt from 'For Vengeance'

She had felt life breathed back into her, and had awoken to find herself draped across her dead friend’s body, his clothing stained in her own blood. Somehow it had seemed appropriate to her.
Tears had streamed down her cheeks as she dug the hole for him atop a nice little green hill nearby. The whole time all she had been able to think about was the way he’d smiled, his laughter at some forgotten joke. The feel of his elven hands as they soothed one of her regular wounds.

Its not perfect I know, but I'm still working at it!
Llanni
Llanni

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by angemy Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:24 am

ooh so is it finished yet?? you have had all afternoon!
its sounding good - can't wait till it is done!
angemy
angemy

Character sheet
Class: Mage
Quote: Crap! I've died again :(

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixet Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:37 am

Teaser! It sounds great, can't wait!
Pixet
Pixet

Character sheet
Class: Warrior
Quote: I think I fell asleep!

Back to top Go down

For your entertainment Empty For Vengeance

Post by Llanni Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:14 am

Well, I spent a week or so on this. I've read it so many times that I have trouble remembering which version I'm reading and keep adding parts mentally! But I think its done, there may be some typos in there still and some bad grammar that slipped by...
I hope you enjoy it, I know I do.

For Vengeance

Allaiha slid down off her horse and pulled her axe from the saddle. She left her shield behind this time, she would not need it.
She stood outside the gates of the village where the Death Knight had led her. Tracking her had not been hard; Morgan left a trail of death and desecration everywhere she went. Allaiha had learnt the Death Knight’s name just yesterday from a fleeing peasant who'd been lucky enough to escape Morgan’s gentle ministrations.
Allaiha’s hand clenched around the axe in anger at the thought of her, and she felt the scar over her heart prickle. The scar Morgan had given her.
She could still remember how it had felt as the runeblade pierced her heart and her life slipped away. She could feel it even now, as if the blade was still inside her. It was all she seemed to feel now, aside from anger and hatred.

Life had been breathed back into her, and she had awoken to find herself draped across her dead friend’s body, his clothing stained in her own blood. Somehow it had seemed appropriate to her.
Tears blurred her vision as she dug the hole for him atop a nice, green, little hilltop nearby. The whole time all she could think about was the way he’d smiled, his laughter at some forgotten joke, the soft feel of his gentle elvan hands as they soothed one of her regular wounds.
Polias had been there for her the last time she had suffered a great loss. He had helped her get through the pain and anger when her family had been murdered by the scourge. She had never gotten a chance to repay him for his kindness, and now he was gone forever and she was utterly alone.
She looked down upon his face one last time before covering him with dirt, and then collapsed back into tears when she tried to say goodbye.
It was hours later before she finally managed to finish burying him. By then her tears were gone and her heart was hard. She only had one thing left now, and she intended to see it done even if it cost her life.
Vengeance was all she lived for now.

Inside the village was dead quiet. Allaiha strode from house to house searching determinedly for her prey, ignoring the broken bodies lying all around her. A tiny voice tried to say that she should feel something for these people, but it was crushed mercilessly. All she cared about was taking her revenge on Morgan. Then another voice, a man’s voice, interrupted her thoughts. It was coming from the house ahead.
“Please, no! Have mercy”
“Mercy? What is that?” came the amused reply.
Allaiha stopped dead, feeling hatred flow through her at the sound of that cold voice.
“What did we do to deserve this?” asked the voice with a broken sob. “What did my family ever do to you?”
There was a pause, then “Do to me?” followed by a mocking laugh. “You think I care whether you deserve this? I do it to watch you suffer. Oh, but don’t worry about your family, you’ll see them again. I’ll bring you all back as ghouls” then more laughter.
There was a loud roar of hatred followed by charging footsteps, a wet squelching noise and then the thumping of a body falling brokenly to the floor.
“Well that was too easy” said Morgan as she stepped out of the building. “This village barely offered any entertain…” she trailed off as her eyes landed on Allaiha, standing before her in the street.
“You? But you…it does not matter” Morgan smiled one of her cold smiles. “You were entertaining the first time. I hope you are as amusing this time. Where is your friend, going to cry over him again?”
Hatred was surging violently through every fibre of Allaiha’s body now and fury threatened to overwhelm her. Her hands were trembling with suppressed rage.
“I HATE YOU!” she screamed at Morgan. “You took away EVERYTHING from me!”
Morgan opened her mouth to respond, but Allaiha couldn’t contain herself any longer. She charged furiously at Morgan, swinging her axe in a wide arc which Morgan easily parried with her runeblade.
Barely paying mind to this, or her own defence, she proceeded to throw reckless blow after blow at Morgan, who parried the attacks with a bored look on her face.
Allaiha called upon The Light’s Avenging Wrath and with its strength her relentless attacks began to drive the Death Knight back. Morgan’s eyes flashed with surprise and anger, she had not actually believed Allaiha could pose her a threat.
Then Morgan wasn’t fast enough and one of Allaiha’s attacks caught her runeblade and knocked it from her hands. Allaiha roared in triumph, but before she could make the final move, the darkness around Morgan grew deeper and a Deathcoil flew out from her hand and slammed into Allaiha, knocking her down and sending her sliding accross the ground.
The combined efforts of her relentless attacks and the blow from Morgan’s Deathcoil were taking a toll on Allaiha. She could feel her strength ebbing.
Staggering back to her feet she drew in all the strength she could find, infusing it with her pain, anger and hatred, then threw it all at Morgan.
The Hammer of Wrath smashed right into the centre of Morgan’s chest, lifted her up off her feet, sending her flying backwards onto the ground several feet away.
Allaiha’s legs wanted to give way beneath her, but she forced them to move towards the fallen Death Knight, stopping only briefly to pick up the fallen runeblade before covering the remaining distance to where Morgan was struggling to sit upright.
Holding the runeblade up to her eyes, Allaiha stared at it for a moment.
This was the weapon that had stolen her friend’s life…that had stolen HER life. There was a soft voice inside her head now.
She looked down into Morgan’s cold eyes, and for the first time ever saw fear behind that gaze.
“Aren’t you going to try and redeem me, Paladin?” asked Morgan with a tickle of blood running from her mouth.
“No,” Allaiha said slowly as the voice whispered to her. “I think I’m just going to kill you”.
And she drove the blade through the Death Knight’s heart.

Allaiha stood there, unmoving. Sunlight was streaming down all around the village, and yet near her it seemed to falter and grow weak, as if some dark shroud was wrapped around her.
She had done what she had come to do and yet she still felt empty inside, she still felt cold and alone. Hatred and anger were the only things she had left that gave her any warmth. She wrapped herself in them for comfort and screamed into the void that was her pain.
She could hear the voice whisper back. It was the runeblade reaching out for her mind and soul.
With this weapon in her hand she could take out her pain and anger on the world. Make them ALL feel her pain. Strike down anyone who stood in her way.
No one had ever done anything for her; she had always been expected to sacrifice everything for the greater good. Well they had asked for too much. She had lost her family because of this; she had lost the dearest friend she had ever had because they had made her too weak to save him. It was their fault!
She wanted to lash out in anger and make everyone feel her hurt and anguish until they were sorry for what they had done to her.
The shroud around her grew darker until it was like she stood in the depths of night.
The runeblade was so close to its goal now. It caressed her lovingly and she saw villages bathed in flame, terrified peasants begging for their children’s lives, heard her cruel laughter in response as she brought her runeblade down upon them.
Then the cowering family was gone and Polias was there. He reached out and stopped the descending runeblade with his bare hand, then looked at her the way he had so long ago. The last time she had lost everything.
“Don’t lose yourself in this Allaiha,” he said sorrowfully “Don’t let it take you. This isn’t who you are”.
“But I have nothing left now” she heard herself say. “I’ve lost everything, I lost you”.
He smiled at her sadly. “You’ll never lose me, unless you continue down the path you walk now. It is one I cannot walk with you.”
“But I don’t know what to do” she said with a sob. “I feel so lost”
“I know” he said gently and he held out his hand to her.
“Take my hand” he said. “Let it all go”.
She looked at him, deep into those eyes. They were so full of the love and compassion he had shown everyone in life, but somehow she always felt they were just for her, and suddenly she felt the anger and hatred melt away.
“Okay” she said and reached out and grasped his hand.
Gasping she dropped the runeblade and felt a weight lift off her as the light streamed down and engulfed her. She fell to the ground in exhaustion and lay there on her back, trembling. There was cold sweat all down her spine and tears were streaming freely down her cheeks, but she was free.
She was herself again.

Allaiha rode away from the small village that had been her reincarnation, rode away as the flames licked higher, spread further, consuming everything; the slaughtered villagers, Morgan’s corpse, the runeblade.
She was a new person. It would be a long time before she saw her friend again, but she knew now that she would see him again. She was sure of it. And between now and that time she was going to make sure that those twisted Death Knights out there never hurt anyone like they had hurt her.
After all, she was a Paladin of The Light.
Llanni
Llanni

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by angemy Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:34 am

wow - amazing!